Relocation of Children in Washington

Most people move several times during their adult lives.  Custodial parents are required by Washington Law to give very specific, formal notification of moves to all others with court-ordered time with the child.  Whether your move is across the street or across the world, failing to provide the proper notice with the proper time-frames can have far-reaching consequences, including civil and criminal contempt, loss of custody, and even prosecution for parental abduction making it important to consult with a Washington relocation attorney.

Non-custodial parents, when faced with a custodial parent’s move, must act quickly to preserve their rights to object to the move and to maintain visitation.

Steps to Take if Relocating

If you plan on relocating with your child, or if you receive notice that your child’s parent is relocating with your child, contact us right away so that we can help you avoid the minefield.  If the other parent moved with the child without the proper notice, contact us right away so that we can help you re-establish visitation and so that the court will not believe you do not really care because you did not timely object.

Finally, if you made a mistake and moved without following the proper procedure, call us so that we can fix the problems associated with your move. We can help.

Contact Us

Call Us: (509) 426-2505

Washington Relocation Lawyer